It’s starting to get a little chillier now we’re halfway through October. Read our easy tips to help keep you and your horse happy and healthy this winter.
- Don’t feel that you have to carry on regardless when it comes to exercising your horse. If the weather is terrible and it’s not a nice experience for you, it’s likely to be unpleasant for them as well.
- If you don’t manage to exercise your horse due to bad weather remember to adjust feed amounts accordingly.
- When riding in heavier rain use a waterproof wrap-around sheet to protect you and your horse.
- Reduce stable dust by using quality hay and dust-free bedding. Ensure the stables are well ventilated.
- Help to avoid Mud Fever by towel-drying your horse’s legs when wet.
- Keep your horse’s coat soft and clean by applying Groomi Coat Conditioner weekly.
- Putting a heater in your tack room can prevent tack getting damp and damaged.
- Cut your horse’s tails shorter than usual to keep the hindlegs free of dirt.
- Comb your horse’s coat through with Groomi 2-3 times a week throughout Winter to remove dead hair and dirt keeping them clean and happy.